Friday, March 11, 2011

Easy to embed rss feeds into your website

I wanted a way to keep my web pages fresh, but also delegate content creation to several people, AND not go through the maintenance hassles of a full CMS. The answer I found is a set of tools from rssinclude.com.





The free version has a few limitations but can still let you yank rss feeds by category or tags from just about anything. In my case I have a nice simple Wordpress blog that I can delegate content creation on, and assign each person specific categories to use. Then I do selects on those categories and put them on the topic specific web pages. Since I turned on moderation I have the opportunity to approve the content before it goes public. However once I approve it, the content magically appears on my website.

As you can see on the image above, it doesn't matter what language your rss feed is in, and it works just fine with images too.

Check it out, simple but yet still dynamic content, all without the pain of something like Joomla or Drupal or Plone.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment